Our Harvest Market Kitchen chefs are offering recipes from their home kitchens. Whether you are a novice cook or seasoned chef, these dishes are simple, satisfying, and can be made in about 30 minutes. Happy cooking!
Shrimp Soup Spaghetti
From Mako’s Kitchen – Let Mako herself introduce you to this recipe.
I grew up in the northern part of Japan, with long cold snowy winters. People in my hometown eat a lot of different soup during the cold weather. Soup Spaghetti is very popular in Japan. There are many different kinds of Soup Spaghetti: cream based, tomato based, or clear broth. As a busy mom, my dinner repertoire is something I can fix quickly and easily. Can’t come up with any dinner ideas? You can make many endless variations of this recipe using whatever protein, vegetables and stock you have around. Just cook some pasta, gather all the leftover veggies, add some protein and some broth. You, too, can make Japanese Soup Spaghetti!
- Shrimp, 8 oz bag (or other sustainably harvested shrimp)
- Capellini Pasta, 1 lb box
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 TBS
- Butter, 3 TBS
- Garlic, minced, 3 TBS
- Organic Chicken Broth, 5 cups
- Heavy cream, 1 cup
- Spinach or Baby Kale, 5oz pkg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, minced (optional)
- Thaw the shrimp and remove tails if desired.
- Prepare the pasta per the instructions on the box and set aside. Pasta can be cooked al dente. While the pasta is cooking, start making the soup.
- Heat olive oil in the large pan or skillet in the medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add the leafy greens and saute lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and saute for a minute or two.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer for a few minutes until shrimp is cooked, it should be opaque. Careful not to overcook shrimp.
- Add heavy cream and turn the pot off.
- Place noodles in individual serving bowls and pour the shrimp and broth on top. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Henry and Lias’s frozen Raw Natural Shrimp, 1 bag
- Bionature Capellini Pasta, 1 lb box
- Natural By Nature Heavy Cream
- Organic Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
- 5 oz Olivia’s Leafy Greens (spinach or baby kale)
- Also needed: Butter, Olive Oil, garlic, parsley