The bitterness of leafy winter greens like endive and radicchio marries perfectly with the complexity and richness of cheese. Add a little acid provided by citrus and/or a splash of vinegar, and you have a vibrant and satisfying complement to any meal. Some of our favorite combinations include shaved Idiazabal (smoked aged raw milk Spanish sheep milk) with radicchio, endive, fennel, and tahini maple dressing. We also love shaved Runnymede, local Farm at Doe Run’s aged sheep/cow/goat cheese, in any bitter green salad. Another favorite is local Birchrun Blue with radicchio, endive, pear, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Lastly, Humboldt Fog with roasted winter squash, radicchio, endive, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans.
Back to Blog
- Fresh From the Kitchen: Now Introducing Our Gingerbread House Kits!
- Word on Curd:New Cheeses For December
- New Recipes for December!
- New Products for December 2023
- Cheese Board Tips For The Winter Season
- Kitchen Holiday Orders for Baked Goods are Open! Plus a new roll to set the sharing mood!
- Word on Curd: Celebrate the Harvest with Cheese: Festive Cheeseboards and Thanksgiving Sides
- Thanksgiving Pre-Order Deadlines are Fast Approaching!
- We’re thankful for: New Products for November!
- Autumnal Cheeseboard Tips!
- Now Introducing Our Good Morning Muffin!
- It’s Turkey Time! Pre-orders for Thanksgiving Turkeys are now open!
- New Products for October 2023
- Autumn is here! Try these new recipes this spooky season
- New Cheeses and Returning Favorites for Autumn: Washed Rind Cheeses Take Center Stage