The bitterness of leafy winter greens like endive and radicchio marries perfectly with the complexity and richness of cheese. Add a little acid provided by citrus and/or a splash of vinegar, and you have a vibrant and satisfying complement to any meal. Some of our favorite combinations include shaved Idiazabal (smoked aged raw milk Spanish sheep milk) with radicchio, endive, fennel, and tahini maple dressing. We also love shaved Runnymede, local Farm at Doe Run’s aged sheep/cow/goat cheese, in any bitter green salad. Another favorite is local Birchrun Blue with radicchio, endive, pear, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Lastly, Humboldt Fog with roasted winter squash, radicchio, endive, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans.
Back to Blog
- New Year, New Products! Happy 2023!
- Word on Curd: Building cheese-accented, nourishing, plant-based recipes for boosting immunity and gut health.
- Harvest Market to Charge 10¢ for Paper Carryout Bags Beginning February 1
- There’s A New Vinegar In Town: Baba’s Acid Trip
- A reminder to all of our customers: please use a cart or basket and do not shop into your personal bags.
- Word on Curd: Holiday Cheesin’
- Happy Holidays from Harvest! Check out our Holiday Gift Guide & New Products for December
- Festive Holiday Recipes Fit For Any Gathering
- Spread the Joy: Your Guide to Customizing a Holiday Cheeseboard to Delight & Inspire
- Something Grounding: Three Sisters Stew
- The Perfect Cold Weather Dish: Potato & Corn Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies: An Easy Dessert for the Holidays
- Harvest Market’s New Logo—a Bulb of Garlic?
- Word on Curd: New Cheeses for Fall, and Spotlight on Vermont!
- New Products for October