With April being Stress Awareness Month, we are taking advantage of every opportunity we can to ground ourselves, engaging the senses throughout the day. Tasting artisanal cheese, each with its own unique cascade of richly layered flavors, is a delightful way to tune in and connect to the present moment. Additionally, thoughtful pairings amplify our taste sensation by teasing out the subtle nuances in each cheese, bathing our attention in splendor.
For a particularly lively sensory experience, try dipping kettle chips into a melted crock of Moonrise, the latest cheese from Perrystead Dairy to hit our shelves. Sparks will fly! Moonrise is a meaty, soft and supple, washed rind, cow milk “pocket sized” wheel. Pair it with smoked meats, apples or pears… whatever you like, it’s versatile!
In honor of April being also Earth Month, we celebrate the farmstead, small scale, and locally produced cheeses we are so proud to carry at Harvest Market:
- Birchrun Hills: Fat Cat and Birchrun Blue
- Goat Rodeo: Hootenanny, Wild Rosemary, and Bamboozle
- Firefly Farm: Merry Goat Round
- Calkins Creamery: Vampire Slayer and Noblette Brie
- Clover Creek: Tussey Mountain and Royer Mountain
- The Farm at Doe Run: Seven Sisters, St. Malachi, Hummingbird, and Runnymede
- Perrystead Dairy (Philadelphia’s premier urban creamery): Intergalactic, Real Philly, and now, introducing… Moonrise!
We hope you can take some time this spring to rejoice in the sensory experience of these handcrafted cheeses!