Spotlight on Linden Dale Farm
We recently had the opportunity to visit our friends at Linden Dale Farm, to meet the new generation of baby goats, and get a behind-the-scenes look at a day in the life at Linden Dale Farm, in Ronks, PA. We came away with a renewed appreciation for this seventh generation family farmstead goat dairy and artisan cheesemaking operation, and a hunger for more. As such, we are so pleased to announce that we are bringing on some additional goat dairy products from Linden Dale Farm for you to enjoy:
- Goat Gouda: A raw farmstead cave-aged goat cheese with a cream wax rind. A firm, pliant texture, with a creamy, nutty flavor, becoming delightfully sharp as it ages. Cave-aged between 10-24 months.
- Caprino Romano: An exceptional raw farmstead cave-aged goat cheese, similar to a combination of vintage Gouda and Italian Romano, with flavors of caramel, browned butter, and umami. Cave-aged for 18-36 months. Protein crystal formation lends a crunchy, creamy texture, for a melt-in-your-mouth experience. Pair with Linden Dale Goat Caramel for a sensational bite!
- Lavender Chevre: The latest flavor to join the line of fresh goat cheese from our favorite local goats! Made with a touch of honey, and a sprinkle of dried lavender.
- Linden Dale Goat Caramel 4oz jar: Taste the essence of Linden Dale’s inherently sweet, nutty goat milk, boiled down for 8 hours, with only a touch of organic sugar. This caramel is out of this world, with nutty, umami undertones. Arriving Thursday, April 13)
New Cheeses for April:
- Blumenkase: A creamy semi-hard Alpine cow milk cheese from Switzerland, coated in dried wildflower petals. Flavors of toffee and caramelized onions. (Arriving Wednesday, April 5th)
- 8 oz New Moon Goat Brie by Old Chatham Creamery, Hudson Valley, NY: A goat milk brie with a supple, velvety texture, and a flavor profile of citrus, nuts, and cream. Mild yet rich in flavor.
- Italian Pecorino Tartufo: A hard sheep’s milk cheese, infused with Italian summer truffles. This pasteurized cheese is 100% edible with no rind, making it ideal for cooking, and an easy addition to springtime antipasto and cheeseboards.
- St Andre Triple Cream 7oz: A soft, creamy, buttery cow milk cheese, presented in a convenient, eco-friendly cardboard container.
- Red Cat by Birchrun Hills Farm, Chester Springs, PA: A fudgy, supple, washed rind raw cow milk cheese, with a brothy, meaty, creamy flavor profile.
- Valbreso 100% Sheep Milk Feta from France. On sale!