Like spring in a salad! Tender basil leaves available on young spring plants add mild flavor and vivid color to the fabulous, nutrient-loaded vinaigrette.
• 1 egg (lightly beaten)
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ¾ cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
• 1½ teaspoons ground sage
• 1 pound chicken tenders
• 5 ounces baby spinach
• 2 cups snap peas (chopped)
• 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
• 2 avocadoes (thinly sliced)
• ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds (chopped)
• ¼ cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves (snipped)
For the White Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette:
• ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
• ½ cup olive oil
• ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• ½ cup grated Parmesan
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine all vinaigrette ingredients until smooth. Makes ¾ cup.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream. Stir together bread crumbs and sage in another medium bowl. Add chicken to egg mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer chicken, a few pieces at a time, into bread crumbs. Roll, and press to coat all sides. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared pan, leaving space between each piece.
4. Bake for 12–15 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Meanwhile, divide spinach, snap peas, strawberries and avocado among four plates. Top with chicken, almonds and basil, and drizzle generously with vinaigrette.