Our Harvest Market Kitchen chefs are offering recipes from their home kitchens. Whether you are a novice cook or seasoned chef, these dishes are simple, satisfying, and can be made in about 30 minutes. Happy cooking!
Pollo Con Chipotle (Chicken with Chipotle)
From Miguelina’s Kitchen
This recipe came from a friend at work several years ago. At lunchtime we all used to share our food buffet style. When I asked how to make this delicious chicken, I could not believe how something so simple could taste so good! I love this recipe because it is quick, easy, inexpensive and has a very good flavor! You can use the Siete brand chipotle sauce, but the original recipe uses Chipotle en Adobo, which you can find at your local Mexican store. I like to serve Pollo con Chipotle as a platter with beans, rice, and salsa. Warm up some tortillas on the side and use them to scoop up all the deliciousness!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 2 TBS vegetable oil (your choice)
- 2 TBS of SIETE brand Chipotle Hot Sauce (less for mild, more for extra spicy)
- (or 2 TBS of Chipotle in Adobo Sauce from Mexican grocery store)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (or more to taste)
With this recipe, you chop ingredients as they go to the pan. This makes it really simple and quick!
- Place a skillet on the stove, turn heat to medium and add the vegetable oil.
- Cut chicken the thighs in large chunks (4 to 6 pieces each) and add directly to the pan.
- Add the salt now
- While the chicken starts to cook, mince garlic and add directly to the pan. Stir.
- Chop the onion into large chunks and add to the pan. Stir.
- Chop tomatoes in 6 pieces and add to the pan. Stir.
- Add chipotle. Stir and bring it to a boil. check for salt,
- Cover the skillet with a lid and turn heat down to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste for salt and spice, adding more salt and or hot sauce if needed.
- and adjust if needed.
- Serve as a platter with white rice, fried beans, and tortillas (Corn or flour tortillas, your choice)
- 1 pkg Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 head garlic
- 1 large yellow onion
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bottle SIETE brand Chipotle Hot Sauce or a can of Chipotle en Adobo (from Mexican store)
- Vegetable oil and salt
- 1 pkg Tortillas
- White Rice
- Refried Beans (canned, or make your own from whole canned beans)