Bee Our Guest Wraps is a local company founded by Adriana and Peter Fitzgerald. Harvest Market has been carrying their handy beeswax wraps since they began their business venture, and we are happy to share their explanation of how to use their plastic-free packaging alternative.
Bee Our Guest Beeswax Wraps emerged from our need to change our eating habits. It is not only what we eat but what kind of contact our food has with toxins that later we will eat. The way to store our food was important so we did research and in the 19 centuries people were using beeswax wraps, so we did experiments until we got the perfect mix. Now we want to share it with you because less plastic in our kitchen is a BIG change and healthier for you.
WHAT ARE BEE OUR GUEST WRAPS MADE WITH?
Food should be free of toxins that is why we use 100 percent cotton fabric and organic beeswax mix (our recipe using local Swarmbustin’ beeswax) so we make sure food is safe. All our materials are sourced in small batches from the USA.
HOW TO USE BEE OUR GUEST WRAPS?
You can simply wrap your food and shaped so the warmest of your hands will make the wrap to stick together, in fact beeswax is a great moisturizer so you will have a wonderful manicure also.
Here are a few examples:
- Small size is perfect to wrap half of any fruit or vegetables and will keep them fresh.
- Medium size is great for a bowl, fruit to go or cheese.
- Large size is the best to wrap a sandwich, cold pie, lettuce or big bowls.
- Extra Large is our artisan bread size that will keep it fresh and tasty for longer OR you can use your kitchen scissors to cut it as you need.
You can also wrap a present and the lucky recipients can reuse it so you actually give two presents.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BEE OUR GUEST WRAP?
Our wraps are kindly designed to last up to 12 months, take care of them and they may last longer. Easy cleaning with cold water and mild soap. If needed use a soft sponge. Let it air dry in a cool place. Roll them or fold them to storage in your kitchen drawer or in a cool and dry place.
WHAT NOT TO DO TO YOUR BEE OUR GUEST WRAP
- Do not leave it in direct sunlight and hot areas.
- Keep it inside your purse or backpack if you go to school, camp or in the car.
- Do not use it in hot dishes, but the fridge is perfect.
- Do not use it in the microwave, oven or dishwasher.
- Also do not use for RAW meat or to wrap seafood.