“I love this gluten-free lemon cookie recipe because it has such a fresh and vibrant taste. My readers love it because it is a quick and easy cookie to make for friends and family who want a gluten-free treat.”
– Bri Grajkowski, BriGeeski.com
• 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 teaspoons lemon zest
• ½ cup butter, room temperature
• 2 eggs, room temperature
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest, rubbing zest into sugar with your fingers; set aside.
2. Using a mixer, combine butter with sugar mixture until combined and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until well mixed. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Slowly add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, and mix until combined.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚. Chill dough in refrigerator for 30–45 minutes. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
4. Roll small scoops of dough into ½-inch balls, and roll each ball in powdered sugar until coated. Arrange dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake about 12 minutes or until tops of cookies crinkle.