“If you’re taking turmeric, you should read this article; and if you’re not taking turmeric, you should read this article.”
-Henry Long, Wellness Team Manager at Harvest Market
Top 8 Science-Backed Benefits of Turmeric
by Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, MD
Turmeric is one of the most well-researched, most searched for, and most sought-out culinary herbs and spices on the marketplace. And with these eight science-backed health benefits, it’s easy to see why.
Top 8 science-backed benefits of turmeric:
1. Reducing Inflammation
2. Relieving Symptoms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
3. Improving Depression and Overall Mood
4. Alleviating Both Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
5. Reducing the Number of Heart Attacks in Bypass Patients
6. Mitigating the Effects of Type 2 Diabetes
7. Reducing Radiation Rash in Breast Cancer Patients
8. Prevent Helicobacter pylori Infections
Read the entire article, with explanations on each of turmeric’s benefits, here on Dr. Low Dog’s website.
The Source of Your Turmeric is Important!
Turmeric products available at Harvest Market:
- Fresh Jamaican Wild-grown Turmeric Root in Produce
- Frontier Co-op Organic Fair Trade Ground Turmeric Root
- Simply Organic Turmeric Powder
- Drinks from REBBL, GT’s Kombucha, Temple Turmeric, KeVita and more added all the time
- NUCO Turmeric Coconut Wraps
- Turmeric teas from Numi, Pukka, Organic India and Republic of Tea
- Oregon’s Wild Harvest – capsules and extract
- Organic India Turmeric
- Himalaya Turmeric and Curcumin Complete
- New Chapter Turmeric (3 sizes)
- MegaFood Turmeric Strength for Whole Body (3 sizes), Daily Turmeric Powder, Turmeric Strength for Joint Health, and Turmeric Strength for Liver Health
- New Chapter Fermented Turmeric Powder
- Gaia Herbs Turmeric Supreme, Allergy, Pain P.M., Extra-Strength and Golden Milk Power
Learn how to make your own Traditional Golden Milk from the folks at Gaia Herbs, who assembled the Ultimate Guide to Golden Milk. The traditional Golden Milk recipe has been savored for centuries. With turmeric and other Ayurvedic herbs, it is used to support the mind and body in many ways.